Weird ricer exhaust fad…

This is where some people post things that don't belong in other forums and most people post things that do.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Weird ricer exhaust fad…

Post by onyxdragon »

I don’t even know what to say about this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
IMG_5939.jpeg
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
wantahertzdonut

Re: Weird ricer exhaust fad…

Post by wantahertzdonut »

What the hell is going on there?
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

wantahertzdonut wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:30 pm What the hell is going on there?
Seems to be fake quad tips :lol:
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Aeroboost

Post by Aeroboost »

What's the wiring about?
Also appears to have some electrical apparatus attached?

would have been almost as easy just to splice them in to the working piping? :|
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

Aeroboost wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:41 pm What's the wiring about?

I wonder if they purchased the car, put it on a lift, and found that?
Onyx Dragon
Nick

Post by Nick »

It looks like they're electronic cut-outs of some kind... not terribly far off this from these.

I have a theory.

This is a car with factory "active exhaust" where valves open to make the exhaust louder when you switch it to sport mode or something. The inner pipes would've just passed through the muffler or had different baffles so they're not as quiet as the outer pipes, and the valves would open automatically when you switch it to sport mode.

The owner wanted to do a muffler delete, and simply welding in elbows to delete the muffler is cheaper and easier than trying to join the pipes together. He just bypassed the extra pipes and welded a pipe between them to keep them straight. I think we would normally be seeing a muffler in this pic under that heat shield, but it's gone, and the car is just straight piped now.

So would that make this an retro-active rice, where you actually downgrade your car?
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

Nick wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:19 pm

It looks like they're electronic cut-outs of some kind... not terribly far off this from these.

I have a theory.

This is a car with factory "active exhaust" where valves open to make the exhaust louder when you switch it to sport mode or something. The inner pipes would've just passed through the muffler or had different baffles so they're not as quiet as the outer pipes, and the valves would open automatically when you switch it to sport mode.

The owner wanted to do a muffler delete, and simply welding in elbows to delete the muffler is cheaper and easier than trying to join the pipes together. He just bypassed the extra pipes and welded a pipe between them to keep them straight. I think we would normally be seeing a muffler in this pic under that heat shield, but it's gone, and the car is just straight piped now.

So would that make this an retro-active rice, where you actually downgrade your car?
I don't know if it's a downgrade if they went straight pipes, but that is ridiculous looking :lol: It's basically a dead pipe.
Onyx Dragon