The History of Anti-Rice

This is where some people post things that don't belong in other forums and most people post things that do.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Re: The History of Anti-Rice

Post by onyxdragon »

TokyoCollins wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pm
kalgorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm There's acknowledgement of FarmTruk's death but we're missing another one: Meatywand. I don't remember any dates for that but I know some of you guys will know.
am i mistaken or did we also lose madfarelane (i want to say he was from Australia or something of that nature?)
We did, indeed, lose MadFairlane. I liked that guy a lot. He once asked me if he could have a part sent to my house, then I send it to him for his car since it was faster and cheaper to do it that way. Really good guy.

Mad's time stamp on his post for memorial according to wayback would be around August 2, 2018. Meaty's was May 25th or 26th of 2017.
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Nick

Post by Nick »

kalgorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm There's acknowledgement of FarmTruk's death but we're missing another one: Meatywand. I don't remember any dates for that but I know some of you guys will know.
am i mistaken or did we also lose madfarelane (i want to say he was from Australia or something of that nature?)
I was friends with him on Facebook... but I don't remember his name to look him up. Been at least 5 years since we last spoke.
Nick

Post by Nick »

onyxdragon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:32 pmYou might be right. Maybe Wayback is off. That post definitely says 2019.
I'm glad I'm not going crazy.

Were you searching anti-rice.com/smf? Wayback machine is showing activity through 2019.

Here's the very last snapshot of the old board before it went down.
https://web.archive.org/web/20191002005 ... ce.com/smf
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

Nick wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:46 pm
onyxdragon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:32 pmYou might be right. Maybe Wayback is off. That post definitely says 2019.
I'm glad I'm not going crazy.

Were you searching anti-rice.com/smf? Wayback machine is showing activity through 2019.

Here's the very last snapshot of the old board before it went down.
https://web.archive.org/web/20191002005 ... ce.com/smf
It is. I didn't realize it actually archived the forwarding of the page. I saw the error and just left.
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1fastII

Post by 1fastII »

onyxdragon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:32 pm
We did, indeed, lose MadFairlane. I liked that guy a lot. He once asked me if he could have a part sent to my house, then I send it to him for his car since it was faster and cheaper to do it that way. Really good guy.

Mad's time stamp on his post for memorial according to wayback would be around August 2, 2018. Meaty's was May 25th or 26th of 2017.
I don't know what the deal is with the time stamp, but Meaty died December 2015. I think it was 4 days before Christmas.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

onyxdragon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:01 pm It absolutely was not up into 2020. Matter of fact, wayback has it offline sometime in 2013.
That may be a redirect you're seeing. If you wait a several seconds, Wayback will put you on the forums from there. I had the same issue. I think it was Nick that posted my actual FB post that was dated in 2019 or 2020.
Onyx Dragon
Delta

Post by Delta »

onyxdragon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:38 am

-A user by the name of Mississippi Guy joins the site. Seems to fit in well. Has a serious list of cars that he's owned. Everyone was a bit suspicious, and then it was found out that he was bullshitting the entire time. Internet detectivism prevailed, MG ran with his tail between his legs, and all was back to normal.
Hah, I remember that one well. I was the one who eventually put two and two together. I lived in Mississippi at the time and a simple small detail of an inspection sticker laid everything out. The guy apparently lived near me in a neighboring county, but would never meet up. After my initial call out some smarterer people did some more detective work and found out the old Civic (like an early 80's model?) he claimed was his was actually auction pictures of a listing out in California I think.

Then there was the guy who was obsessed with Sonic/Tails, Chaosweaver or something?
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

Delta wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:31 pm
Hah, I remember that one well. I was the one who eventually put two and two together. I lived in Mississippi at the time and a simple small detail of an inspection sticker laid everything out. The guy apparently lived near me in a neighboring county, but would never meet up. After my initial call out some smarterer people did some more detective work and found out the old Civic (like an early 80's model?) he claimed was his was actually auction pictures of a listing out in California I think.

Then there was the guy who was obsessed with Sonic/Tails, Chaosweaver or something?
Welcome back, Delta!

Yeah, Chaos. I told him the board was back up, but haven't seen him recreate yet.
Onyx Dragon
Nick

Post by Nick »

Delta wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:31 pm Then there was the guy who was obsessed with Sonic/Tails, Chaosweaver or something?
ChaosYiffer according to Meaty :lol:
ling427ttvette

Post by ling427ttvette »

Nick wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:33 pm
I was friends with him on Facebook... but I don't remember his name to look him up. Been at least 5 years since we last spoke.
I really feel like his name was Terrence Ryan, but I can't 100% remember. I remember I'd see him on Facebook every now and then, but never really spoke much with him.
99 Trans Am|08 G8 GT|87 Mustang LX