Hey all!

This is where some people post things that don't belong in other forums and most people post things that do.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Hey all!

Post by onyxdragon »

Sorry I've been MIA. Been preparing for a 100 mile bike ride in October, and helping a friend move. Been busy! Anyone have anything new and exciting going on?
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
wantahertzdonut

Re: Hey all!

Post by wantahertzdonut »

Biking is all consuming, isn't it? 😃. One of my Strava friends rode to Las Vegas from LA this past Saturday. 263 miles in 15 hours plus 3 hours for breaks.

The rice cooker weather is here for the summer so mountain biking for me is... soggy. Still fun and beats sitting around the house. I'm lucky to have a bunch of epic trails right nearby.

As for summer plans, I landed a 1991 Honda CBR 250rr (MC22) here from Australia last spring and I'm still fighting with it. I think I know why it's down on power but every time I go to the garage to work on it, I stare at the wall full of mountain bikes and start daydreaming about my next ride!

But the Honda really needs some attention to have it ready for fall track season when the temps are more manageable. I've done trackdays at Chuckwalla when it's 110° but the last time I did that the temp gauge was nearly maxed out on it, and I was at my max tolerance for the heat even without the leathers. Looking forward to October!
71Caprice

Post by 71Caprice »

Aye yall riding bikes now?

@Onyx is it a race/event you are training for?

I'm trying to get ready for the Marji Gesick 100 in September. Although I'm already nervous I'm not going to be ready for 20-24 hours on a bike.

https://youtu.be/4LHU_tuXrbQ
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

71Caprice wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:11 pm Aye yall riding bikes now?

@Onyx is it a race/event you are training for?

I'm trying to get ready for the Marji Gesick 100 in September. Although I'm already nervous I'm not going to be ready for 20-24 hours on a bike.

https://youtu.be/4LHU_tuXrbQ
It is an event. It's the Seagull Century. Not sure what I'm getting myself into here LOL
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
71Caprice

Post by 71Caprice »

onyxdragon wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:32 pm

It is an event. It's the Seagull Century. Not sure what I'm getting myself into here LOL
Hell yeah,
Looks like a fun route down to the ocean and back.

What bike are you using?
wantahertzdonut

Are you guys on Strava? Find me at Jim |{ (location: Tustin) and I'll follow you back. I send kudos daily. I like seeing what people are riding. 👍
71Caprice

Post by 71Caprice »

wantahertzdonut wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:32 am Are you guys on Strava? Find me at Jim |{ (location: Tustin) and I'll follow you back. I send kudos daily. I like seeing what people are riding. 👍
added yah
wantahertzdonut

71Caprice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:28 am added yah
Chris? Gotcha!
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

wantahertzdonut wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:32 am Are you guys on Strava? Find me at Jim |{ (location: Tustin) and I'll follow you back. I send kudos daily. I like seeing what people are riding. 👍
I will add you tonight. We haven't rode in a while, she's moving, so we've been busy. We are looking to get back into it soon, though.
Onyx Dragon