Pre and post heart attack

This is where some people post things that don't belong in other forums and most people post things that do.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Pre and post heart attack

Post by onyxdragon »

So it wasn't that long ago that I was 230 lbs. First picture is me then, the next three are me more recently.
Attachments
me.jpg
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Nick

Re: Pre and post heart attack

Post by Nick »

Good work! I'm only about 10 pounds over my desired weight but it makes a difference. I had slimmed up a lot in 2020, felt so nice, but have had a hard time keeping that extra 10 pounds away.
71Caprice

Post by 71Caprice »

Damn good work!

I've ballooned up since 2020 started, gotta get my eating and drinking in check.
Nick

Post by Nick »

71Caprice wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:24 pm Damn good work!

I've ballooned up since 2020 started, gotta get my eating and drinking in check.
I wouldn't say I've been drinking excessively, but having gone just a week without a single alcoholic beverage (usually wine) it's made a very clear difference. As much as I love enjoying a nice glass of wine or a beer I think I'm just gonna have to put that behind me, except for special occasions.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

Thanks guys. I'm down to 172 right now. Trainer wants to work on bulking up, so we are trying that next.
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Mick

Post by Mick »

Good work! Late 2019-early 2020 I started trying to lose weight lost about 80lbs in 4-5 months and was Lifting regularly as well. Covid hit and I put it all to the side since work became hectic and stressful. In the 2 years after I picked back up about 25lbs mostly due to heavy drinking. I started vacation last friday and decided to get back into what I was doing precovid. Have dropped 10lbs back off mostly due to not drinking. Continually eating right is the real hard part since I typically gone for work 12hours a day. Meal prepping was and will probably be the key for me again.
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

Mick wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:16 pm Good work! Late 2019-early 2020 I started trying to lose weight lost about 80lbs in 4-5 months and was Lifting regularly as well. Covid hit and I put it all to the side since work became hectic and stressful. In the 2 years after I picked back up about 25lbs mostly due to heavy drinking. I started vacation last friday and decided to get back into what I was doing precovid. Have dropped 10lbs back off mostly due to not drinking. Continually eating right is the real hard part since I typically gone for work 12hours a day. Meal prepping was and will probably be the key for me again.
Stay with it, dude. I'm your cautionary tale. Don't end up like me, laying in a hospital bed, begging God for your life.
Onyx Dragon
wantahertzdonut

Post by wantahertzdonut »

That's scary as fuck, how old were you when that happened? Did you have high cholesterol numbers too? I'm glad to see you're doing well now.