Well, Fuck. (car fire)

This is where some people post things that don't belong in other forums and most people post things that do.
wantahertzdonut

Well, Fuck. (car fire)

Post by wantahertzdonut »

My IS300 decided to act Italian last night and completely burned itself out to a shell. No idea what happened, but the arson investigator suspects it started around the steering column. There's nothing left. I just put new tires on it, scheduled maintenance was complete, and the car was running flawlessly. It even had a full tank of gas which is probably why it burned so completely.

Now I have to figure out what to get next. I don't want the same thing, there's only 4 IS300 Sportcrosses (wagon) for sale in the US. I had this one for 15 years, having another will feel like living in Bizarro World.

Trying to think of something interesting. Not necessarily "cool", just unique. I have a lifted van, so no trucks, and nothing too new. I don't like screens in place of dashboards. Cannot be FWD. Practical is fine but not absolutely necessary, but a fold down seat is a huge bonus. Got any ideas?
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Re: Well, Fuck. (car fire)

Post by onyxdragon »

Aw man, that sucks! AR curse is back in force it seems! People seem to like some of the bigger Fiats...at least the people I know that own them won't talk badly about them.
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
wantahertzdonut

Fiats sound daring! Are you referring to the SUVs that look like big 500s?
onyxdragon
Site Admin

Post by onyxdragon »

wantahertzdonut wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am Fiats sound daring! Are you referring to the SUVs that look like big 500s?
The Fiat Giulia looks like it is gaining a following...at least around here.
Onyx Dragon
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander, 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
wantahertzdonut

Those were numerous here a couple years ago, it's rare I see them now. Perhaps they've migrated? Very pretty cars.